4 BOLT 110BCD SUB COMPACT – OVAL
PREMIUM SUB-COMPACT OVAL 110/4 CHAINRINGS 46/30T & 48/32T
absoluteBLACK introduces premium Gravel – Road 110/4 oval chainrings in Sub-compact (super compact) sizes to improve your climbing and cadence. Increased Cadence is key to reducing perceived effort. With 46/30T and 48/32T chainrings you can ride anywhere and climb anything. Alpine climbs will never be that difficult anymore. These special super compact chainrings are compatible with all Shimano 110/4bcd cranks making absoluteBLACK the only company on the market offering such sizes. 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency. 10/11/12spd compatible. Ready to try?
Size (Mass +/-1g):
– 30T (27g), 32T (30g), 46T (99g), 48T (110g)
– Dura-Ace 9100, R9150 Di2, Ultegra 8000, R8050 Di2, Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, Shimano 105 – 5800, Tiagra 4700 ; 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible.
– Special bolts are included with 30T (2xM5 TI / 2xM7 AL)
– Special bolts are included with 32T (4xM7 AL)
Material & Finish
– cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
– Optimized to each size separately. 30T- 9% ; 32T – 8% ; 46/48T – 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5Â° after TDC (top dead center) – Ideal for climbing.
Due to very special offset construction and custom bolts:
*30T can only work with 46T and special bolt set 46/30. (bolts included with small ring)
*32T can only work with 48T and special bolt set 48/32. (bolts included with small ring)
*No other combination or mix of rings will work. Due to special mounting construction, aesthetic bolt covers are not offered for this design
*We Only recommend Dura-ace 11spd chain or Sram Eagle 12spd chain for proper clearance of mounting tabs
Advantages of Absolute Black sub-compact Oval chainrings:
* 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency
* One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
* No more mashing on long climbs and wishing for bigger cassette.
*Have you ever had to walk the climb on sportive race? These rings will save you from it.
* 46/11 or 48/11 is still a big gear to push on the flat. For your daily ride you most likely don’t need more
*Your pedaling will feel smoother
*AB oval reduces stress on knees and helps your legs remain fresher for longer
*You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
*Reduces possibility of leg cramps
What size should I choose?
* 46/30T is best for great gravel adventures where lots of climbing is involved and bike is packed with gear. Or simply for you to actually enjoy road climbs like Sa Calobra in Majorca or Alpe d’Huez in France
* 48/32T is ideal for general road climbing and day to day riding. Planning L’Ãtape du Tour? This size is right for you (30T would be too slow).