ZTR AVION – WHEELSET
Our award-winning Avion disc redefined what was possible with road tubeless performance. The Avion R brings all those advantages to rim brake bikes. That means decreased rolling resistance, incredible handling, and unbeatable comfort. We added a special high-temp resin brake track, but kept total wheelset weight barely over 1450g, making the Avion R one of the most versatile high-performance road wheels made. The Avion R also features our Radial Impact Absorbing Carbon Technology (RiACT) for a more lively and responsive ride that won't jar your molars loose when the road gets rough.
When it comes to tubeless technology, we wrote the book. The Avion R's patented Bead Socket Technology is designed for tubeless speciï¬c road tires, traditional clincher tires when used with tubes, and wider gravel and cyclocross tires. We believe in optimizing rim width for the widest array of tire choices, and the 21.6mm internal width of the Avion R creates an ideal tire shape with 25mm and larger tires. It also allows tubeless tires to expand to their full volume for less pressure, further decreasing rolling resistance and improving traction and handling. Built around the reliability and quick engagement of our Neo Ultimate with Speedsync Hubs, the Avion R brings all the performance of the original Avion to road bikes.
WARNING: Use only Avion R brake pads, Swiss Stop Black Prince, or Swiss Stop Flash Pro Platinum pads. Avion R All Weather Blue pads (AS0148) are recommended for best performance.
Avion wheels come with yellow tape and 55mm tubeless valves installed. Front wheels come set up 9×100 QR with skewer and rear wheels come 10×130 QR with skewer. Inside the included small parts bag, you’ll find brake pads, replacement spokes and a final QC readout for your unique wheelset.
– Tubeless ready with rim tape and valves installed
– Faster engaging, 100% CNC machined Neo Ultimate hubs
– Sapim CX-Ray spokes with Secure Lock aluminum nipples
– 41mm deep aerodynamic RiACT rims absorb impacts and roll faster
– BST-R series for tubeless road, traditional road with tube, and wider tires
– 28mm WideRight rim design optimized for 25mm-40mm tires
– 2-year warranty with 3-year crash replacement
– Available for Shimano and Campagnolo cassettes
– Each wheel also includes one set of AS0148 Avion R All Weather Blue brake pads