Camo Spider - Cannondale / FSA Direct Mount
We created CAMO (Chainline And Material Optimization) for direct mount style cranksets. Easily swap between chainrings on a whim and enjoy a variable selection of chainring options, all compatible with your selected CAMO spider or BashSpider. With no nuts or spacers involved, swapping chainrings takes less time than brewing a cup of your favorite beverage.
The CAMO BashSpider is the world's only crankset-mounted boost bash ring. This is a spider with an integrated bash ring for use with direct mount SRAM cranksets. The CAMO BashSpider pairs with a CAMO chainring to complete the CAMO System. The "rolling" ability of the BashSpider allows the rider to move easily over obstacles. Bash rings that are mounted on the crankset are better supported than bash rings that are mounted to the frame or bottom bracket, as bash solutions like ISCG 05 can void frame warranties.
This is a spider only for use with Race Face cranksets that have a removable spider. A CAMO chainring needs to be added to complete the system. Key advantages of the CAMO system include:
- Perfect chainline for wear and shifting precision
- Optimal material usage for weight, stiffness, and wear
- Spend less for chainring swapping by buying only the chainring, compared to chainrings that have an integrated spider
- Swapping chainrings is very fast with only five small bolts and no nuts
- Availability, as Wolf Tooth has many direct mount options: round or oval, stainless or aluminum, for several cranksets.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- CAMO mounting bolts are included with each spider.
This is a spider for use with the Cannondale cranksets that have a removable spider. The M9 Spider also suits FSA Modular cranksets when used with the CAMO FSA Spacer ring, as the stock FSA crankset spacer is too thick to use with the Cannondale Camo spider. This Wolf Tooth 2.5mm FSA spacer will replace the stock FSA spacer.
Three different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
M9 (minus 9mm - standard dish towards the frame)
- For use on standard (non-Ai offset) mountain bikes.
- FSA direct mount cranksets using boost chainline are compatible with Camo M9 (minus 9mm) offset spider when using the Wolf Tooth 2.5mm FSA spacer (available separately).
M4 (minus 4mm - Ai offset)
- For use on Cannondale bikes with the Ai (asymmetric integration) offset rear triangle AND all Cannondale 27.5 Plus bikes.
- For use on 2x Fat CAAD (a 166mm spindle).
M1 (minus 1mm - dished towards the frame)
- Cannondale cyclocross and road bikes (38T max CAMO chainring)
- Ai cyclocross bikes with 155mm spindle (38T max CAMO chainring)
- 1x Fat CAAD bikes (a 160mm spindle)
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile delivers ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability.
RECOMMENDATIONS / INSTALLATION NOTES
- We recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
Weight (CAMO Spider): M9 • 32g | M4 • 28g | M1 • 28g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA
Delivery & Shipping
Delivery & Shipping
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.