96 BCD XT M8000 Drop-Stop Chainring
Looking for a 1X chainring for your new Shimano XT, SLX or Deore crankset with the proven chain retention of our Drop-Stop® chainrings? Wolf Tooth has what you need in the form of a beautifully machined asymmetrical 96 mm BCD that provides the ideal 1X chainline of 49mm. The Drop-Stop® tooth design is the best performing on the market, with exceptional durability.
- Drop-Stop technology: On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment.
- These rings fit on Shimano XT M8000, SLX M7000, and Deore M6000 cranksets.
- Designed to meet the requirements for E-bike use.
- Chainring Bolts: 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring
- Drop-Stop A models will reduce the chainline (inward towards the frame) from the Shimano specified chainline for the crankset: 30T-34T = -2mm, and 36T-38T = -1mm
- Drivetrains: 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains. Not compatible with SRAM Flattop AXS or Shimano HG12+ chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain, use a 10-speed chain. It fits tighter for better chain retention.
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile delivers ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability. See below for Drop-Stop A compatibility.
- We recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Wolf Tooth was founded to design and manufacture precision cycling products that emphasize function, performance, and reliability to meet the needs of our fellow racers and riders.
We are a group of cyclists in Minneapolis, Minnesota that spend a lot of time talking about bike components. Like most detail-obsessed riders, we're always looking for new products that could make our bikes lighter, faster, more versatile, or more reliable. We pride ourselves on delivering premium products of the highest quality.
Delivery & Shipping
Delivery & Shipping
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.