This is a 96mm BCD chainring for a 1X chainring for XTR M9000 crankset with the proven chain retention of our Drop-Stop® chainring. They fit only the Shimano XTR M9000 and M9020 cranksets (race and trail respectively). They have an asymmetrical 96 mm BCD with built-in threaded standoffs to provide the ideal 1X chainline.
Drop-Stop ST Chainrings are only compatible with 12-speed Shimano HG+ and KMC 12-Speed chains.
- Fits 96 BCD XTR M9000 and M9020 cranksets
- Drop-Stop technology: On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment.
- These rings fit on the Shimano XTR M9000 and M9020 1x or 2x cranksets
- Designed to meet the requirements for E-bike use.
- Chainring Bolts: Use only the stock Shimano XTR chainring bolts (M7x.75). You will not use the stock bolt caps when mounting this ring. The stock bolts will thread into the chainring’s standoffs from the outside of the crankset
- Use Drop-Stop ST with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ and 12spd KMC chains only.
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile delivers ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability. See below for Drop-Stop ST compatibility.
- We recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Wolf Tooth was founded to design and manufacture precision cycling products that emphasize function, performance, and reliability to meet the needs of our fellow racers and riders.
We are a group of cyclists in Minneapolis, Minnesota that spend a lot of time talking about bike components. Like most detail-obsessed riders, we're always looking for new products that could make our bikes lighter, faster, more versatile, or more reliable. We pride ourselves on delivering premium products of the highest quality.
Delivery & Shipping
Delivery & Shipping
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.